ODYSSEY TRX has a few modifications such as simple LAN10/100 or LAN + Wi-Fi or USB 3.0 interface, but main characteristics of transceiver remain the same.
This is a single board construction based on Cyclone IV FPGA which can fit in standard 1455J1201 case from Hammond.
The board uses 16-bit LTC2165 ADC which is much “colder” than any other similar devices, so there is no the problem of overheating.
This is block diagram of the device:
Technical specifications and key features of ODYSSEY TRX:
- board size is 123.5 x 75mm, appropriate for Hammond 1455J1201 housing.
- supply voltage: 7-15 V, reverse polarity and overvoltage protection.
- current consumption for 12 Volt power supply:
LAN & USB version, RX 250 mA, TX 340 mA
Wi-Fi version, RX 380 mA, TX 480 mA
- current consumption for USB bus power supply (5 volts):
USB version, RX 590 mA, TX 720 mA
- PC connections: LAN10 / 100, Wi-Fi or USB
- connectors for headphones, microphone, KEY/PTT: Mini Jack 3.5mm
- RF connectors: SMA-F
- connector for external devices control: DB9-F
- type of ADC: 16-bit LTC2165
- sampling frequency: 122,880 MHz
- two independed software receivers
- receiving frequency range: 0.1-55 MHz
- sensitivity, MDS (500): -127 dBm
- blocking level: -8 dBm
- Blocking Dynamic Range: 119dB
- RM Dynamic Range (10 kHz): 114 dB
- attenuator 0-30 dB
- frequency stability using built-in reference generator: 5 ppm
- supported sampling rates: 48 — 960 kHz
- wide band scope: 0 – 66 MHz
- frequency range: 1 — 55 MHz
- output voltage on 50 ohms: 1 volt peak
- output power: 10 mW
- linearity, IMD3: 60 – 65 dB
- maximum width of the transmitted signal: 48 kHz
- input for high stability 10 MHz reference frequency, 3.3 – 5.0 volts logic level
- 122.880 MHz stability frequency output
- 8 control lines of control for external devices : 4 lines for BPF/LPF, PreAMP control, Antenna switch control, Automatic Tuner control and PTT control – all using logic level 3.3 volts
- built-in sound codec to minimize delays; headphones and microphone can be connected directly to the main board
- Automatic Key Processor with zero-delay self-monitoring. Both straight and Iambic modes are supported
- VNA mode support and frequency sweep measurement, complex impedance and SWR measurements are done with external RF bridge